Have you ever clawed your way into a job only to discover that you...hate it? If so, you're not alone. Many of us have faced the crushing reality of "dream jobs" (or "dream educational opportunities") gone bad.
The big question is what to do next. Should you keep working at the job, hoping it will get better eventually (or, worse yet, feeling paralyzed by the thought "maybe this as good as it gets..."), or should you quit and find something else?
In a recent interview conducted by quarter-life coach Michelle Roby, I answer these questions and more, including:
- The very first step you should take when you discover a "dream job" isn't what you'd imagined
- How long should you keep trying to make a job work before trying something else
- How to deal with a toxic job that is dragging you down
- How to make a career change without quitting your job
- What to do if you're 'too old' to make a career change
- How to choose the right career or job the next time around
After you watch, I'd love to hear about your experiences answering the question, "I hate my job. Now what?!" What did you do to cope and/or make change?
Photo Credit: mjtmail (tiggy)